Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Snow of the Winter

Oh the first snow of the season. The snow that the weather forecasters said we were only going to get 7 in and you just know to hold onto you hats because they have no freaking idea what they are talking about. So almost 30" later we are snowed in. The city has set a record for most snowfall in a 24 hour period in history where we are located. Everything is shut down, hospitals, malls, roads. You can't even drive in a certain section unless you have chains on your wheels. It is unreal. I was so blessed to have a neighbor use his snowblower on my driver. Then I was blessed even more by having the plow drive by and put a huge burme at the end of my damn driveway. Then AFTER I shovel the giant burme, another plow comes by to take care of the ends of peoples driveways. Then yet another plow comes by and put ANOTHER DAMN BURME in front of my driveway. Which is now gone since another plow came by tonight and made it go away. Got all that??? School is cancelled tomorrow, so poor bumps is stuck at home with mommy again. At some point I need to get presents wrapped and it doesn't seem like that is going to happen anytime soon. Oh the woes of not having a husband at home.

Hanging out in the driveway after shoveling the giant burme

My neighbors daughters car

Being silly

He normally doesn't come close to that bottom branch

Making a snow angel

No comments: