Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reflections

Another one bites the dust, another deployment that is. It has been a long, but fun 2 months. The thing that made it the hardest was watching my best friend move away within 1 week of losing my husband. Not only my best friend, but bumps best friend also. They miss each other so much and poor R thinks that bumps will be waiting for him when he finally gets to his new base. Even though we are going to try to get to that base, it most likely won't happen. Thank God for technology and webcams. There is nothing funnier than watching bumps and R on the webcam, pulling out their lightsabers and fighting. They are also very good at sitting and laughing at each other. It gives K her rooroo fix also, so that makes her happy. I am sure sometime in the next month, big daddy and B will drink a beer together on it.

Our hopes of leaving this base are starting to dwindle. Big daddy got home and promptly got called to the principals office. He was then told he is now an EP and an ADO in the squadron (I will explain on the phone dad). After the shock wore off, we both started to realize that means we are probably going to be here longer than we would like too. It is an awesome opportunity for him and I couldn't be more proud. We love it up here, but would like to have some family time sometime soon. I guess we will see what happens in the coming months.

The fun thing to come about it that we are planning a trip to Disneyworld sometime in the coming months and mom is being nice enough to come with to help with the kids. I am looking forward to seeing bumps and rooroo reactions. Bumps loved disneyland, so I am sure it will be the same for disneyworld. Rooroo is going to be the really interesting one. I think she will enjoy it. She will enjoy all the meme attention even more. I am very excited to buy her her first pair of pink mickey mouse ears. She will be beyond cute in them. And of course I can't wait to get pictures of the kids together with the different characters.

And the kids, oh the kids. Somehow we have been blessed with bumps being so in love with rooroo it is ridiculus. He was so great during this deployment when it came to helping out with her. We were even lucky enough to have R claim her as a sister also, so she has 2 big brothers now. It is a rare day right now for bumps to get jealous of rooroo. Even since big daddy came home, he doesn't show much of it. He wants to be around rooroo alot of the time, so he doesn't care that she is in our laps and so on. I was very worried about the jealousy and so on , but I haven't had to worry about it at all. He even brings her his toys to chew on. Seriously, what kid does that? But I am sure it will all change in the coming months. If it doesn't, I am just going to claim it is my awesome parenting skills. Yes, that's what it is. . .

Off to the mountains for the weekend with W and L! Will post pics when we get back or up there if I have a chance.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Glad to hear big daddy made it home safe. We miss you guys. Glad the kids are getting along so well, B and M have finally started to hate each other. it's a nonstop fight and no fest in this house. Miss you guys! Hope you get to come to Altus, but I know you'd rather be with K in Enid.