Monday, October 06, 2008

Labyrinth

Apparently I was raised in a bubble according to big daddy. A giant sci-fi bubble. In the house I grew up in, my dad got home from work and on went Jeopardy, followed by Star Trek, followed by some sci-fi shit that I don't remember, like X-files which still gives me nightmares to this day. (Love you daddy.) At somepoint of me living in the bubble a movie called Labyrinth was released and became big daddys favorite movie. I am now learning that I am the ONLY person in my inner circle that had never seen or fallen in love with this movie during there childhood. Hence, the bubble.

About 3 months ago we were browsing through Target (deadly thing to do by the way) buying the last of things we needed (well, technically didn't need) for rooroo when we walk by the $6 dvd section. All of the sudden the skies parted and a beam of light shined right down on big daddy's beloved childhood movie. And yes, he got giddy. In his defense, I was giddy that Hook was in that section also. So naturally we had to buy both movies. We get home and he sits down with bumps and promptly causes my then unaware 3 year old to watch this movie. And now my child is obsessed with this movie. You can hear "Slime and snails, puppy dog tails" echoing through my house on any given day.

For those of you who haven't seen this movie *cough cough, my family and only my family, cough cough* it involves a young Jennifer Connelly wishing her baby brother off to the goblin king (something I would have done probably if I would have known he would have taken him) and the goblin king is nice enough to come and take him and give her so much time to go through the labyrinth to find him. If she doesn't complete her mission, then the goblin king gets to keep him. Who is this said "goblin king?" None other then David Bowie dressed in drag. Or what would have been a good drag costume of the day. And oh Bowie's pants that you can very visably see where certain things in the pants are. I swear his balls where never the same after those pants. But anywho, I digress. It really is a cute movie and one that you could play a fun drinking game too. Those who haven't seen it *cough cough, my family and only my family, cough cough* should check it out. I will leave you with a fabulous YouTube clip of bumps favorite song in the movie. Watch it papa since it is probably the most you will ever watch of this movie. . .

No comments: