Saturday, November 05, 2005

Here we go. . .

One of my good friends suggested I get involved in this whole blog thing, so here we go. We are currently in week 6 of this wonderful thing called deployment and week 9 can't come soon enough. I know it is only 3 more weeks, but it seems like forever. For those who don't know me, my husband is a pilot in the world's greatest Air Force and he is damn good at his job. The only down point is the wonderful deployments. I never thought they would be as rough as they are and I have it good. M only leaves for 2 months at a time. There are so many others who leave for a year or more or never return at all. That doesn't make it any easier though. Bumps is now 15 months old and he knows that daddy is gone. I have never felt heartache until M put bumps back in the car before leaving on this deployment and he just started screaming for his daddy. Then the next morning he looked all over the house for him. And I think what is making it the hardest is that it is not going to get any easier. Each deployment (every 2 months if we are lucky) is going to get harder because bumps is getting older. Soon I am going to be that awful mommy who took daddy to leave.

So essentially what it boils down to is that this blog is going to be my vent for all these frustrations, whether they be military or with bumps, and Lord knows there are plenty with both!!! Trust me, there will be plenty of happy on here too, but I guess if this is my own writing space, I am going to let it all out when I need too. If you don't like it, tough! :)

No comments: